da baybay's room

Every morning when AB gets up and sees BBB for the first time in the morning, still to this day, she says "it's a bay-bay!" Emphasis on the twang in the bay-bay.  I thought I'd do a little Inspiration to Reality post about the nursery.  Here is the original inspiration below.


And here is the finished product.


So that is the changing table - or oversized dresser.  We got it at an auction before AB was born.  Can you spot the missing hardware?  The hardware is circa early 1800's made in England and apparently extremely rare - according to Settler's Hardware.  Hence the missing piece.  Haven't found anything to replace it and not quite ready to get rid of the rare 1800's hardware.  Any suggestions on what to do?  I've given up!  I got the mirror at Nadeau in the Village.  The lamps are from Hobby Lobby.


The bedding I made with my trusty little Singer.  The chevron fabric is premier prints from fabric.com.  They are on sale through the weekend - great prices!!  I'll show you some of my faves below.  The other fabrics on his bedding are from HouseFabrics.com.  The crib sheet is Serena and Lily. The book rack is Pottery Barn Kids, though I don't think they are available anymore.  I painted the doggie over the crib with my mad Art major skills from SMU.  Don't think I've done a canvas painting in quite awhile until this one.  It was fun!   The duck prints are by an artist in Iowa - gave them to the hubby years ago and found them in a closet.  The cheap but not chic mobile is Tiny Love from BRU.  I guess some necessities aren't pretty!


So the crib is Jenny Lind style and borrowed.  The rug is a flokati sheep skin thing.  The chair is custom from AB styled after a Serena and Lily one.  The pillow I made to match the bedding.  The side table is a little secret from Wisteria.  The lamp is Target circa 2009.  More prints on the left of the window are from Round Top and antiquing.  The pics on the right are of hubby and I as babies.  the silk drapery is Pottery Barn Teen and the sheers are Pottery Barn Kids.  I wish I would have photographed the room before all the "real" baby stuff got in there, i.e. The Swing, etc.

I still have this pine cone hill fabric left over.  What should I make with it?  I have a few yards.  Did not end up using it on the bedding.


Here is a close up of the other crib bedding fabric.




And here are some of the Premier Prints cuties from Fabric.com that are on major sale right now.  I need to create another project pronto!










0 comments: